Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications,
babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
Our birth doulas:
(we are currently looking for birth doulas and post partum doulas, please contact us if you would like to partner with Otero Birth)
- Assist the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- educate the pregnant family through prenatal and hands on childbirth classes
- Stay with the woman throughout the labor
- Provide emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint
- Facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
- Birthing the Future
- Otero Birth Postpartum Doulas keep your household running smoothly while everyone adjusts and welcomes the newest member of the family.
- Families get help with the essentials:
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation and shopping
- Washing, folding, and putting away laundry
- Care and attention for siblings
- Both parents get support, answers to their questions, and time with their family. We provide evidence based answers to difficult questions and help solve problems related to the arrival of the baby (or babies).