CLASSES & INFORMATION
Prenatal Care in alamogordo, New Mexico
For expecting mothers and their partners in Alamogordo, prenatal care offered at Otero Birth provides you with an alternative to traditional OBGYN care. We offer personalized services that create the best outcome for childbirth. We help you to prepare the way with counseling and support to make sure that you are healthy and ready for the big day.
Prenatal care is of the utmost importance to monitor your pregnancy and prepare for childbirth. It is also important to develop a birth plan so that you are prepared when your child is ready to come into the world. We offer a comprehensive list of services, from preconception counseling and health evaluation to postpartum support in the first few weeks of your child's life. Our prenatal care also includes services such as nutrition and exercise counseling, labor instruction and support techniques, and sibling preparation classes for you and your young child. Mother and child are taken care of through personal, private, in-home care with all of the extras included.
Prenatal or childbirth classes can be started at any point from preconception prior to delivery. We offer a variety of personal pregnancy and childbirth classes tailored to your specific needs in the comfort of your home, including:
- Preconception counseling and health evaluation
- Nutrition and exercise
- Common labs, tests, and procedures during pregnancy
- Preparing for your birth/ formulating a birth plan
- Mechanics of labor
- Comfort measures, laboring positions and support techniques
- What to expect at your birthing location
- Communication with caregivers, how to be your own advocate
- Understanding and moving beyond fears
- Building trust and confidence in your body and the labor process
- Breastfeeding or bottle feeding
- Newborn care
- Processing birth experiences
- Sibling preparation class
For a variety of offerings in Alamogordo prenatal care, come to Otero Birth for experienced childbirth care. We look forward to working with women and families at any stage in their pregnancy. We also accept most insurance plans for our services.